Monday 7 January 2013

Wake up time

Rise and shine is at 6:00AM. It was already quarter to seven. The kid was still under his sheets in bed. I gave him a little tap and said "Wake up. Time to wake up." He answered sleepy, "I already woke up last 6:30."

"Get up now then. School starts at 7:45." I shot back. He gets up, goes straight to the toilet. I went to the other bathroom to do my own thing and left him with his mom. AFter I was done, I found him in our bedroom fast asleep. His mom had to rush him through breakfast and changing clothes. When it was time to go she asked, "Did you brush your teeth?" "Yes." "How?" "With Swish!" "That's not brushing. That's just gargling. Brush your teeth first. Here, let me help you," says his mom. "No! I can do it alone."

Note to self: Add gargling and brushing in the schedule with the word "Supervised".

No comments:

Post a Comment